rss
email
twitter
facebook

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

First Time For Everything

On Tuesday October 27, 2009, I did my very first official shift at KOMU. I was so nervous going into the shift, but I felt confident in my abilities because of all the work I have already done in Broadcast II. I came into the shift with ideas to pitch I felt confident in because of all the pitches I made in Broadcast II.
When I got to the station, my producer gave me an idea of something they needed covered. I drove out to Fulton to cover the Up ‘til Dawn, a fundraiser for St. Jude Children’s Hospital. At the event, students come and write 35 to 50 letters to friends and family asking them to help raise money for St. Jude. Interviewed Neil Stanglein, the Director of Student Involvement.
On my way back to the station, I wasn’t too worried about getting my editing done. Since I took the editing test, I knew I could edit quickly if need be. When I was in the newsroom watching my piece on air, it was one of the most exciting and proud moments of my life.
I totally understand the standards of Broadcast II. The way I see it, a newsroom serving as a training ground for students is the best place to get your start. There is only one Mizzou.

Here's my VOSOT (they had to cut the second vo and the tag for timesake)

No comments:

Post a Comment