rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, November 9, 2009

Just Kickin' It

On Thursday November 5, 2009 I did my second VO Patrol. My producer called me about half an hour before my shift started and asked if I could come early to cover a cool story. I hustled out to the station but I ended up missing the event anyway because the producer didn’t allow enough time for me to get there. When I realized I wouldn’t be able to cover the story, I called the producer and she helped me find a new story.
My new story was about the 15th annual art show and silent auction benefiting RAIN. My story was the kicker so it didn’t take me long to get my filming done and my interview was really short. It was a really visual story so I had a fun time wandering around to find interesting shots.
I finished my story pretty early. Having the kicker really takes the pressure off. One thing I learned during this shift is being polite and friendly can get you a long way as a reporter. The way I see it, people are much more responsive to a reporter who is kind, polite and compassionate than one who is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment