rss
email
twitter
facebook

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Huff and Puff

When you Google The Huffington Post, it comes up as Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post. Frankly, I think it’s the best thing they could say. THP is, in fact, the perfect mixture (in my mind) of news and opinion. We all know our news sources are very opinionated and biased, so why not just own up to it and admit it? It makes me respect THP even more.
THP is another great example of multimedia. They have article, pictures and videos. I get my fill of whatever kind of media I want. For instance, the other day I watched the neatest video they posted from National Geographic:
They also have an area for reader feedback. The blog on THP lets their readers respond to the things they read on the website, or just what they are thinking and feel the need to share.
I liked how the site was organized. It was clean and neat but visually appealing at the same time. The top tool bar organized stories into different topics as well as different major US cities. At the very top of the page, there is a bar telling you what the biggest news is at the time.
THP has sad, funny, interesting, poignant, and important articles. It’s almost like organized chaos- if you are looking for something interesting (and maybe a bit random), this would be the place to go. For instance, getting in the mood for Halloween, I stumbled upon this page on THP:
It is funny, interacting, random, and entertaining.
The way I see it, THP has all of the intelligence of The New York Times, the opinion of a good blog, and the multimedia of Newsy.com, all while maintaining its digestibility and interactivity. The Huffington Post is my new news love affair. Although I will always turn to KOMU, The Missourian, and CNN when I want straightforward news and need the scoop, THP is a refreshing twist on news.

No comments:

Post a Comment