rss
email
twitter
facebook

Monday, September 21, 2009

Touchdown!

In an effort to explore alternative sources of media, I decided to take a look at Little Green Footballs. The first thing that struck me was the conversational writing. I would even go so far as to say it went beyond being conversation to being colloquial at times. This is the kind of blog I could see my peers really enjoying. The stories are shorter and much easier for someone who doesn’t consume a lot of news to digest.
I think this blog effectively uses the advantage of being online. The links are very helpful and I think the enhance the stories. They have random quotes that break up the stories. Looking at older posts, I found a video form the Onion website. It’s fun to see that the author has a sense of humor. I also found bite from the Rush Limbaugh show. All of the different types of media keep readers coming back to see what’s next and prevents them from being bored. The structure of the pages makes it less intimidating than a large article. It looks like the author is having a conversation with you and only you.
The way I see it, blogs give their authors a chance to expand their horizons from just writing. They can put their opinion in and use multimedia and links that increase their readers' thirst for news

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Steph, You need to explain what "Little Green Footballs" is right off the bat, and do a little description about the site. Make the URL an actual clickable link.

"I think this blog effectively uses the advantage of being online.((WHICH ARE????)) The links are very helpful and I think the((Y)) enhance the stories. They have random quotes that break up the stories. ((ARE HE QUOTES REALLY "RANDOM"?))

Post a Comment